Leading drone manufacturer DJI announced an extension of warranty periods for drone owners as part of their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recognizing that social distancing has made it more difficult to not only use drones but to conduct repairs under warranty, DJI has extended the warranty for all DJI drone owners.
Their press release notes:
“Products with an original warranty ending from March 14, 2020 to April 30, 2020, will have the warranty extended to April 30, 2020. The coverage area of the warranty service will remain the same.“
Presumably, the press release was meant to say April 30 2021, not 2020. This is a classy move by the company who recognizes the difficulty customers will have with exercising the terms of their warranty while under federal, state, or local orders to stay at home.
You can read the full press release here and read DJI’s full COVID-19 response here. It was published on March 23rd, 2020.
- Best Travel Drone – comparison & analysis of the top drones for travelers
- What’s the TSA Drone Policy?
- American Airlines Drone Policy – can I take my drone on an American Airlines flight?
- 3 Awesome Drones for Travel
- Delta Drone Policy – there is no policy!
- Checked baggage vs carry on – what’s actually best
- Top 5 Drones on Amazon.com
- 147 Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- Spirit Airlines Drone Policy – what is Spirit’s Policy on Traveling with a Drone?
- United Airlines drone policy – what you need to know about bringing a drone on United
- Southwest Airlines Drone Policy – does Southwest Airlines Luv your drone?
- Best Hotel Mattresses – the 11 Best Hotel Beds you wish you owned