Rumors swirl about the impending release of the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone. The DJI Mavic Air 2 is the sequel to the original Mavic Air which was launched in 2018 and fairly successful, although not favored by photographers or vloggers.
The Mavic lineup is also considered as the budget lineup which is popular among the drone beginners. The best part about the Mavic lineup is the ability to shoot 4K videos.
In the middle of this coronavirus outbreak, DJI appears to be committed to launching the Mavic Air 2. The official date of release has already been revealed as April 27 at 9:30 am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Let’s examine what we know so far.
Leaks and Rumors about Mavic Air 2
What we’ve seen so far is that the Mavic Air 2 may feature a longer battery life which could be as high 34 minutes (a few minutes longer than the original Mavic Air.
Mavic Air 2 Price and Release Date
The official date of release has already been revealed as April 27 at 9:30 am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
There has been no official price revealed from DJI yet. However, using pas pricing models, we can conclude that the device will be launched around a similar price point as it’s predecessor. The Mavic Air was launched at the price of $769 USD and it is expected that the Mavic Air 2 will be released in a similar price tag.
The pricing itself can make this drone an ideal mid range drone. Let’s move forward with the specifications of DJI Mavic Air 2.
Specs and Features
The Mavic Air 2’s spec list was leaked as well. We got to see a handful of useful features when it comes to the specifications.
The previous Mavic Air had a 12 MegaPixels camera. However, it has been updated to a 48 MegaPixels sensor which is quite an upgrade. Another exciting feature that it seems to possess is the ability to shoot 4K at 60 fps.
As noted, the Mavic Air 2 is expected to have 3500 mAh battery with a flight time of estimated 34 minutes. There is also some talk about a new security system called “AirSense.”
Final Thoughts on the Mavic Air 2
The idea of a new an improved Mavic drone is appealing for many drone enthusiasts. With a 48 MegaPixel camera, ability to shoot 4K at 60 fps, and the new safety system, this device could easily become a very popular drone.
- Best Travel Drone – comparison & analysis of the top drones for travelers
- What’s the TSA Drone Policy?
- American Airlines Drone Policy – can I take my drone on an American Airlines flight?
- 3 Awesome Drones for Travel
- Delta Drone Policy – there is no policy!
- Checked baggage vs carry on – what’s actually best
- Top 5 Drones on Amazon.com
- 147 Travel Tips – the ultimate list of road warrior tips & tricks
- Spirit Airlines Drone Policy – what is Spirit’s Policy on Traveling with a Drone?
- United Airlines drone policy – what you need to know about bringing a drone on United
- Southwest Airlines Drone Policy – does Southwest Airlines Luv your drone?
- Best Hotel Mattresses – the 11 Best Hotel Beds you wish you owned